Thank you for Applying!
Your application has been received.
Each year people are diagnosed with cancer, autoimmune diseases, chronic conditions, and more. The immune system is the ultimate determinant of health and disease; however, the immune system remains a black box. Leveraging our AI-first technology, we want to provide high-resolution understandings of the immune system to fully unlock its power. And with your help, we can do it.
From technology built and proven at Fred Hutch, Ozette is creating a revolutionary immune profiling platform to turn high-dimensional data into actionable insights. Our software is integral to our mission and enhancing insights by 10x in volume and resolution—scientists, clinicians and our teams—will accelerate breakthroughs to drive better patient outcomes.
Ozette's collaborative platform enables unprecedented transparency and reproducibility through its version controlled analysis pipeline. It is built on Typescript and React/RecoilJS. Our in-house data visualization tools use the full range of browser features, like SVG (D3), WebGL (Regl/CandyGraph), and Web Workers, to deliver high responsiveness.
Our founders are leading experts in data science, computational biology, and medicine and we are backed by some of the best technology investors, including Madrona Venture Group (first investors in Amazon), Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen’s Institute for Artificial Intelligence, and Vulcan Capital. If you’re passionate about leveraging technology to improve health, explore joining our innovative, creative team. Recognizing that the best candidates do not always match all criteria of the job description, we encourage you to apply if you think you would be a good fit for the role and are inspired by our mission.
This is a full time role that can be held from Seattle, WA or remotely in the United States.
What you'll do:
- Architect and build high-performing, superlative front-end experiences that are both functionally and aesthetically pleasing to use
- Tackle complex problems like optimizing React rendering to 60 fps, managing WebSocket connections for the replication of real time state from the server, or managing a user interface for complex and multi-dimensional data wrangling
- Wear your product hat to help the team plan innovative new features through story-boarding, rapid prototyping and iterative implementation
- Collaborate with users, designers, scientists, engineers and more to develop product concepts and then make them a reality
- Set foundations both in code and documentation for the front-end to enable future builders to onboard rapidly
- Help grow the Ozette team
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Interest working w/ Typescript and React
- 4+ years experience or equivalent developing user interfaces and managing front-end code bases
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Examples of prior front-end work showcasing commitment to quality
- An inclusive and entrepreneurial mindset: a creative thinker, gets things done, takes failure in stride, derives signal from ambiguity, and champions the team
- An interest in learning biological sciences and digging into new challenges
Why you will love working here
Ozette is dedicated to building a world-class science and technology team known for its products and services, high standards, employee development and retention. At the heart of great companies are great teams. We strive to give you everything you need to thrive at work and beyond. We offer full benefits, hybrid office schedule, honor all 11 federal holidays + an additional extra day off for every holiday, plan company wide respites during Thanksgiving, Xmas and New Years, and offer a 'take what you need' vacation policy.
As an early stage employee you will get the chance to set standards and mental models that set foundations for the future, be they product, culture, or operations related. Exercise your skills across a wide gamut of responsibilities and evolve your role as the company evolves. You will work on some of the most exciting initiatives that bridge AI/ML with hard science, packaged with a brilliant user experience.
Our work and teams thrive most when we are diverse and inclusive, so we take equal opportunity seriously. We commit to fostering a respectful, diverse, and inclusive environment where all team members can contribute and develop to their fullest potential. We welcome individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities to join our community.