Thank you for Applying!
Your application has been received.
Each year people are diagnosed with cancer, autoimmune diseases, and more. The immune system is the ultimate determinant of health and disease; however, it remains a black box. Leveraging our AI-first technology, we want to provide high-resolution understandings of the immune system to fully unlock its power. And with your help, we can do it.
From technology built and proven at Fred Hutch, Ozette is creating a revolutionary immune profiling platform and Lab to turn data into actionable insights. Our technology platform and Translational Science Lab are integral to our mission and enhancing insights by 10x in volume and resolution—scientists, clinicians and our teams—will accelerate breakthroughs to drive better patient outcomes. Ozette's collaborative lab and platform enables unprecedented transparency and reproducibility through its version-controlled analysis pipeline.
Our founders are leading experts in data science and medicine and we are backed by some of the best technology investors, including Madrona Venture Group (first investors in Amazon), Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen’s Institute for Artificial Intelligence, and Vulcan Capital. If you’re passionate about leveraging technology to improve health, explore joining our innovative, creative team. Recognizing that the best candidates do not always match all criteria of the job description, we encourage you to apply if you think you would be a good fit for the role and are inspired by our mission.
What you’ll do at Ozette:
- Provide scientific leadership and subject matter expertise to support our collaborations. Help lead the generation of Ozette’s single cell data corpus to generate clinical and biological insights to accelerate innovative immune related therapies.
- Set prioritization, objectives, and manage multiple single cell (Cytometry, CITE-Seq, etc.) assay development projects that address key scientific questions.
- Develop strategies for identifying and evaluating cutting-edge single cell technologies.
- Communicate scientific findings to internal and external key stakeholders.
- Write and review technical reports, manuscripts, documents, and presentations.
- Exercise your vision for a growing Translational Science Lab team moving projects from inception to implementation and production in an interdisciplinary environment.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- PhD in Immunology or related scientific field with emphasis on using single cell technologies to understand immune cell interactions and tumor/immune biology to support drug development (e.g. flow cytometry, CITEseq) + 5 years relevant experience
- A deep understanding of immunology, autoimmunity and cancer biology, and translational science to support the advancement of clinical drug development (e.g. biomarker discovery in immuno-oncology and cell therapy)
- A strong track record of scientific publication in the immunology and oncology field.
- A strong sense of scientific curiosity and desire to work effectively in a highly collaborative setting. Candidates should have exceptional communication skills and evidence of dedication to translating basic research insights into therapeutics.
Why you will love working here:
Ozette is dedicated to building a world-class science and technology team known for its products and services, high standards, employee development and retention. At the heart of great companies are great teams. We strive to give you everything you need to thrive at work and beyond. We offer full benefits, hybrid office schedule with many employees opting for full-time remote, honor all 11 federal holidays + an additional extra day off for every holiday, plan company wide respites during Thanksgiving, Xmas and New Years, and offer a 'take what you need' vacation policy.
As an early stage employee you will help set standards and mental models that set foundations for the future, be they product, culture, or operations related. Exercise your skills across a breadth of responsibilities and evolve your role as the company grows. You will work on some of the most exciting initiatives that bridge AI/ML with hard science, packaged with a brilliant user experience.
Our work and teams thrive most when we are diverse and inclusive, so we take equal opportunity seriously. We commit to fostering a respectful, diverse, and inclusive environment where all team members can contribute and develop to their fullest potential. We welcome individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities to join our community. Applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups are particularly welcomed.