Thank you for Applying!
Your application has been received.
Each year people are diagnosed with cancer, autoimmune diseases, and more. The immune system is the ultimate determinant of health and disease; however, it remains a black box. Leveraging our AI-first technology, we want to provide high-resolution understandings of the immune system to fully unlock its power. And with your help, we can do it.
From technology built and proven at Fred Hutch, Ozette is creating a revolutionary immune profiling platform to turn data into actionable insights. Our software is integral to our mission and enhancing insights by 10x in volume and resolution—scientists, clinicians and our teams—will accelerate breakthroughs to drive better patient outcomes.
Our founders are leading experts in data science and medicine and we are backed by some of the best technology investors, including Madrona Venture Group (first investors in Amazon), Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen’s Institute for Artificial Intelligence, and Vulcan Capital. If you’re passionate about leveraging technology to improve health, explore joining our innovative, creative team. Recognizing that the best candidates do not always match all criteria of the job description, we encourage you to apply if you think you would be a good fit for the role and are inspired by our mission.
Open Opportunity: Research Scientist - Open Source Tools and Methods
- Work with Computational Biologists, Engineers, and Lab Scientists to elicit requirements for computational systems that augment Ozette’s platform and open source tools.
- Provide support and work collaboratively with the Ozette Lab team to build systems to improve the standardization and automation of lab practice.
- Collaborate on research projects internal to Ozette, and contribute to scientific manuscripts produced in conjunction with Ozette’s partners.
- Establish and maintain best practices in reproducible research, data management, and results dissemination.
- Present both tools you authored/contributed to as well as scientific findings derived using these tools at scientific meetings and conferences.
- We are hiring for multiple levels and salary and title will be commensurate with experience.
- Extensive experience in data analysis of high throughput and high content biological and single-cell data.
- Expertise using R and BioConductor for data analysis projects.
- Experience with another programming language such as C++ or Python is a plus.
- Familiarity with single-cell proteomic technologies, analytic challenges and pitfalls.
- Demonstrated contributions to open source projects.
- Excellent at communicating results of research projects and data analyses.
- Can interpret scientific findings and make data-driven decisions.
- Graduate training in bioinformatics, statistics, computer science, or a relevant scientific field is required.
Why you will love working here:
Ozette is dedicated to building a world-class science and technology team known for its products and services, high standards, employee development and retention. At the heart of great companies are great teams. We strive to give you everything you need to thrive at work and beyond. We offer full benefits, hybrid office schedule with many employees opting for full-time remote, honor all 11 federal holidays + an additional extra day off for every holiday, plan company wide respites during Thanksgiving, Xmas and New Years, and offer a 'take what you need' vacation policy.
As an early stage employee you will help set standards and mental models that set foundations for the future, be they product, culture, or operations related. Exercise your skills across a breadth of responsibilities and evolve your role as the company grows. You will work on some of the most exciting initiatives that bridge AI/ML with hard science, packaged with a brilliant user experience.
Our work and teams thrive most when we are diverse and inclusive, so we take equal opportunity seriously. We commit to fostering a respectful, diverse, and inclusive environment where all team members can contribute and develop to their fullest potential. We welcome individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities to join our community. Applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups are particularly welcomed.